To our Sky Fitness members and guests:
Sky Fitness will officially close effective today… this morning 3/17/20 for two weeks.
The health of our community is our top priority. The recent COVID-19 developments have led us to implement a number of new measures, & we appreciate your cooperation as we work through these new changes together. We will continue to follow stringent sanitation protocols for proper disinfection, operation and maintenance of pools and hot tubs per CDC guidelines. Throughout the club, you may have noticed some new additions such as more disinfectant stations. However, most of the changes are going on behind the scenes. We’ve added new protocols to achieve a new level of cleanliness. Increased frequency of cleaning throughout the club and are being more diligent in studio spaces cycle, yoga, Pilates, group fitness. We have also implemented these strategies in the locker rooms as well, with additional cleaning during the overnight sanitation shift.
We will be asking members to wipe down their equipment and mats throughout the club before and after use and encourage members to bring their own yoga mats if available. We will continue to follow stringent sanitation protocols for proper disinfection, operation and maintenance of pools and hot tubs per CDC guidelines. It is extremely important to stay Informed! It’s important to stay up-to-date with government guidelines as the situation evolves. It’s equally important to be selective about where you get your news as panic or worry is known to create stress, which compromises immunity. The CDC provides a comprehensive overview of what you should know.
Help Boost Your Immune System!
- Now more than ever, it’s essential to prioritize our health by helping our bodies better fight and recover from illness.
- Eat a nutrient-dense diet comprised of whole foods like meat, vegetables, fruits, nuts and whole grains while avoiding sugar, refined grains, processed or packaged foods.
- Get at least 7 to 8 hours of sleep a night to allow your body time to perform preventive maintenance, which helps bolster the immune system.
- Spend time outdoors to naturally help boost your vitamin D levels and/or consider supplementing with vitamin D + K2.
- Consider taking additional supplements proven to help support immunity such as a high-quality multivitamin, magnesium, omega-3s, vitamin C, elderberry or digestive enzymes.
Practice Good Hygiene
- The best precautions we can take to prioritize our health continue to be ones grounded in good common sense.
- Wash your hands frequently for at least 20 seconds with soap and water. The temperature of the water does not appear to affect microbe removal.
- Cover your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing to prevent the spread of germs.
- Keep your hands away from your face to avoid the transfer of germs to other people or the environment.
Get Adequate Exercise
Getting at least 20 minutes a day of exercise primes the immune system, helping combat bacteria and viruses. Even low-intensity exercise like going for a walk or taking time to slow down with yoga or meditation is a great way to reduce stress.
Please take all precautions necessary at this time of uncertainty.
Executive Director Of Sky Fitness