Avani Yoga Instructor
Aerial Yoga is a new type of Yoga that uses a fabric hammock, sometimes called a yoga swing, as a tool to help students achieve the traditional Yoga positions. We offer classes for all fitness levels. Provided one does not have any physical abnormalities, anyone who is generally fit can do Aerial Yoga.
The rule-of-thumb to determine if you are fit for Aerial Yoga is: can you do 5 situps, 5 pushups and 5 squats? If so, you are ready for Aerial Silk Training.
Students will learn the basics of silk flying in an environment of safety and confidence-building. As you progress through Aerial Silk Training, your confidence will grow and the benefits will be astounding.
BENEFITS OF AERIAL YOGA INCLUDE:
- Feeling lighter
- Improved Posture
- Core strengthening
- Hormone stimulation
- Increased joint mobility
- Increased muscular flexibility
- Fine-tuning balance & agility
- Stretch further with less strain
- Decompress spine and tight joints
- Upper and lower body muscular strengthening
- Relieve pressure while aligning the vertebrae
- Add an entirely new dimension to your Yoga practice
- Self-esteem enhancement through conquering basic fears
- Hold challenging yoga poses longer and in correct alignment
- Learning of new skills: A creative and artistic fitness experience
- Perform advanced yoga postures and inversions without neck or back compression