Working out is so much fun as a group! We offer free aquatic group classes for all Sky Fitness members in our 25-meter indoor pool and 95° therapy pool. Group classes include: H20 Athletic Training, Half & Half, Smooth Seas, Total Splash and Warm Water Therapy. Water aerobics builds cardio, strength and resistance all while being easy on the joints and in a cool and relaxing atmosphere! Health Fitness Revolution values the key benefits of water aerobics:
- Increase your muscular strength. Water in its natural state provides strong resistance so that you get a powerful workout. See improvement in as little as 12 weeks!
- Builds endurance because water’s organic resistance requires the body to strain through the water rather than against it.
- Increases flexibility by improving range of motion on the body’s joints.
- Water aerobics is considered a low-impact activity because the buoyancy of the water helps take off some of the crushing force we tend to place on our body, due to our own water weight.
- Members with arthritis or those in physical rehabilitation benefit greatly from warm water therapy. Warm water provides ease of movement and relaxation on the muscles.
- Improve your mental health. Relieve stress and anxiety simply by just being in the water.
- Lose weight by burning more calories while you feel like you are playing. Treading water vigorously for one minute burns 11 calories which is comparable to running 6 miles per hour.
Not a strong swimmer? We’ve got the perfect option for you…
The Sky Fitness Indoor Pool is also home to Streamline™ Swim lessons, a unique and friendly approach to swimming. Whether you’re a parent who wants their child to learn essential water-safety skills, or you’re an adult striving to swim laps in good form, we’ll assess each participant’s goals and ensure steady progress, regardless of age or ability. Streamline instructors will assess your skill level and help you set goals for all your lessons.
If you or your children are learning to swim for the first time, Streamline instructors will apply a fully customized progression program. Basic skills are taught to practice safety and develop confidence in the water. Lessons are private 1-1 for both members and non-members. Or if you prefer a group setting, group lessons are also offered.
Streamline Swim lessons are fun and engaging, and you won’t believe the progress you’ll make in just a few short lessons! Find out more about their unique approach to swimming lessons on streamlineswimmers.com.