Rejuvenate in the Sky Fitness Spa! Steam, Sauna and Whirlpool – Treat your hard-working muscles to some relaxing and restorative attention at our Sate of the Art spa, the perfect environment to improve your wellbeing. Whether you’re relaxing after a long day or giving your body some TLC, you’ve come to the right place! Our State of the Art Saunas, Steam Rooms, & Whirlpools are open to everybody 7 days a week.
Top 10 Health Benefits of Visiting Steam Rooms and Saunas
The benefits of Sauna & Steam rooms are often overlooked by many who see them as simply a way to relax and unwind. Although Sauna and Steam rooms are known to relax both your body and mind they also have many other benefits which are often ignored by users.
1) Clears the Skin: The Steam helps to clear skin impurities and can potentially be used to treat acne. It also helps to improve circulation throughout the body which can give the skin a healthy glow making your skin look and feel great.
2) Relieves Tension: The heat from the sauna soothes your nerve endings and also relaxes your muscles. A less well known benefit of saunas and steam rooms is that they can minimize joint pain, as well as minimizing the pain of headaches due to the high heat environment.
3) Removes Toxins: The heat from sauna and steam rooms makes your body sweat. Sweating relieves the body of waste products, and it is known that sitting in a sauna or steam room for around twenty minutes can rid the body of the day’s sweat and waste products.
4) Reduces Stress: The heat from the sauna causes the body to release endorphin’s and other ‘feel good’ chemicals that reduce the feeling of stress on the body. Many people feel rejuvenated and calm after they leave sauna and steam rooms, and are ready to tackle the rest of the day.
5) Post-workout Relaxation: Post exercise muscles are in desperate need of relaxation in order to promote quick and healthy recovery. When your muscles are relaxed this recovery process which is vital for muscle gains is expedited and your muscles grow more quickly.
6) Helps with Weight Loss: Frequent visits to the steam room or saunas can potentially aid in weight loss as it is well known it can get rid of water weight. It is important to note however that this is not in replace of a balanced diet and exercise, and instead something to be used alongside both.
7) Opens Sinuses: Heat from saunas and steam rooms opens and thins the mucus membranes all around your body. Many people can notice their loosening mucus and can immediately breathe easier when they first enter a steam room or sauna. With this in mind saunas and steam rooms can also be used to aid colds, as they can stop blocked sinuses and help aid breathing.
8) Promotes Healthy Blood Flow: The bodies capillaries dilate when they are exposed to the heat of the sauna or steam room which allows blood to flow freely and easily throughout the body, transporting oxygen to all areas of the body which needs it.
9) Can Increase Flexibility: Regularly stretching stiff muscles before entering a sauna or steam room can lead to the heat penetrating your tired and stiff muscles making them more fluid and loose.
10) It Can be Fun! Going to the sauna or steam room is not something that has to be done alone. It is something that can be fun and social with friends, as it allows you to time talk and interact while receiving multiple health benefits.