Strength training used to be thought of as only for the pro or seasoned athletes – especially men. Today, wellness specialists and fitness trainers understand that there so many health, physical and mental benefits that come with adding weights to your workout. We encourage men and women to embrace strength training and include it in their regular workout routines for a number of reasons…
7 Top Benefits of Strength Training:
- Empowers your physical performance and the activities of daily living.
- Enhances the body’s bone density and reduces bone loss.
- Builds up your connective tissue, muscles and tendons which supports motor performance and reduces injuries.
- Investment in lean body mass. After age 30, we begin to lose muscle mass. This age-related loss of muscle mass, strength and function is known as sarcopenia. Progressive resistance training definitely improves sarcopenia in just 2 weeks.
- Increases weight loss because muscle burns more calories than fat because of the higher rate of metabolism within muscular tissue.
- Heightened self-confidence and optimized self body image.
- Surge in endorphins (runner’s high).
Those who are new and interested in adding strength training to your routine, give our front desk staff a call. We will help you choose a Sky Fitness Trainers that specializes in your goals and problem areas. Your first appointment will consist of an in-depth fitness assessment that helps uncover your unique desires and needs. Our assessment analyzes blood pressure, resting heart rate, body fat composition, strength, endurance, flexibility, posture, and cardiovascular fitness. All of our trainers are certified professionals who will teach you proper form, explain the basics, and set up a weekly program. Seasoned athletes will also benefit from working with a Sky Fitness Trainer because they know how to overload the body so you keep achieving strength and endurance gains. Classes are another way to add strength training into your workout routine. We offer the MOSSA Body Training System and our MoveStrong Functional Training led by our certified personal trainers!
Starting off slowly and building up gradually using weights and resistance bands will greatly improve the quality of your life. Plus it is a strong investment in your future. Strength training doesn’t have to be boring. Invite a friend or a family member to work out with you! Having a workout buddy helps with accountability and motivation.